Noise and Vibration: Emerging Methods
NOVEM 2021 is the 7th in the series of NOVEM conferences. The conference will be a major gathering of researchers, from research establishments and from industry, working in the areas of noise and vibration.
The emphasis of the conference is on new and emerging methods, techniques and technologies in acoustics and vibration. The focus is on specially selected thematic areas, presented in Keynote Forums, which represent many of today’s major scientific challenges related to noise and vibration.
As with previous NOVEMs, the conference will centre on various Keynote Forums, which bring together key specialists within a common theme, followed by extensive discussion. Previous Forum themes have included
- Predictive Methodologies
- Uncertainty and variability in vibrations and acoustics
- Vibroacoustic modelling and virtual noise synthesis
- Source characterisation and inverse approaches
- Materials, structures and systems for noise and vibration control
- Experimental Advances
- Optical measurement of continuous vibration and sound fields
- Nonlinear vibration and noise
- Validating numerical vibroacoustics models – How much is enough?
- Industrial Cases
Contributed papers are invited in areas relating to noise and vibration modeling, control, design and measurement.